Our R&D teams innovate in 5 areas:
- Industrial processes: they continuously improve our existing processes and investigate technological breakthroughs.
- Insulation materials: they constantly improve the performances of our existing materials (glass and stone mineral wool, insulation foams) and develop new high performance insulation such as vacuum insulation panels or aerogels.
- Sustainable insulation: they find new solutions to reduce the environmental impacts of our products over their whole life cycle: for instance by developing formaldehyde free binders, by reducing water and energy consumption as well as air emissions in our processes and by recycling waste.
- Systems and solutions: their strong competencies in building physics (thermal, acoustics, air tightness, moisture management, air quality, fire behaviour…) help to design new systems and new solutions, easier to install and better delivering the designed performances.
- Metrology: they develop metrology methods to better characterize products, systems and buildings performances.